Many people find they need to clean out an old house before it is renovated or simply torn down and this can become complicated. Trying to do it by yourself is not recommended because there can be many dangers involved in an abandoned house, among which are rodent infestations and unsafe structures.
As care must be taken when selecting a company to provide this service, there has developed a code of ethics that must be followed, which will insure the public will have a pleasant experience when they hire an ethical, dependable company to clear a house, factory, or office building.
The building of a data base which is comprised of all reputable house clearing members, will serve to acknowledge that there are many house clearing businesses which are legitimate and honest who may elect to not become members of any such data base. And while it is a businesses decision to opt out of any such organization attempt, there needs to be some regulation involved to assure the public can confidently choose a house clearing business when they need one.
To become member of a regulatory body of house clearing companies, they must agree to:
- Be totally covered by liability insurance (in case anything goes wrong while we perform our job, you are fully covered).
- That they are registered UK businesses with the UK tax office.
- Licensed with the environmental agency and can legally transport items from the house or building being cleared to an environmentally safe site.
- A mediator should be called in case there are Garden Clearance Service In Solihull problems or issues between the client and the house clearing company.
- Members will be held responsible and accountable should they break the code of practice or not perform in an exemplary fashion.
High quality professional standards must be maintained so that no business claiming to be a legitimate house clearing business will ever do the kind of work that that would bring shame on the industry.
There can be much time, money, heartache, and additionally, legal twists and turns involved when work is done in a shoddy manner or incompletely. There are fly-tipped or fly by night companies, often called rogues that call themselves a legitimate house clearing business that will swoop in, do a poor job, and then take their pay and leave, never to be located again. This is just not right but little can be done to them unless they are members of some governing body and follow a few basic guidelines in a professional manner.
A legitimate house clearing company will be fully insured in case of accidental loss and other considerations, will have an up to date license to be a waste carrier, and by being licensed with the UK tax office, will be locatable if the need arises to contact them for any reason.